1. Using the exacto knife, pry the contact on the end of the bulb up
2. When you can grab it with a pair of pliers, pull it off. Now there will be a small hole into the bulb.
3. Using a small screw driver in the hole, pry at the insulation glass (MAKE SURE YOUR WEARING SAFETY GLASSES) until it cracks as shown in the picture. Now its a piece of cake to break off.
4. At this point the black insulation glass pretty much falls out of the bulb, you can use pliers to pull at it if a piece gets stuck.
5. Now the fun part -- stick your screw driver into the bulb and start spinning it around, breaking the filaments glass. This will take some practice to get used to but be careful! Always do it over a container to catch the broken glass!
6. Once the glass is all broken the filament will slide right out, if it gets stuck, pull it with a pair of pliers.
The Hack Smith